Kurt Dettbarn, Director, Producer, Song Writer, Writer
Kurt Dettbarn is a director and actor, known for Sad Monster (2013).
Award winning creative is a dish served daily from Creative Director Kurt Dettbarn who oversees every aspect of the many tv or radio spots, billboards and newspaper ads sent out weekly at Toronto Based ad agency Design Cellar Inc.
Having done work for clients like Ford, Infiniti, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Martha Stewart, Secret Antiperspirant, Royal Chinet, Royal LePage, Remax, Unilever and Costco to name a few, you can be rest assured that Kurt’s work speaks for itself. With 11 years of commercial television directing, editing, screen-writing and producing, the move into short film production was only natural. In 2013, Kurt’s second non-commercial short entitled Sad Monster garnered 8 film festival wins and 18 official Selections in cities around the world such as London, Berlin, Toronto, Jakarta and Los Angeles. He has been a guest on many industry panels and Sad Monster recently won best short film at Comic Con in front of a 1500 person audience at it’s movie premiere.
• WINNER – Best Super Short – Comic Con (Wizard World Film Festival)
• WINNER – Best Film Score/Music Video – Comic Con (Wizard World Film Festival)
• WINNER – Sci-Fi/Fantasy film of the year – (SNAFF) Snake Alley Festival of Film
• WINNER – Best Short Film – Atlanta Underground Film Festival
• WINNER – Best International Short Film – Golden Award – World Film Awards
• WINNER – Best Newcomer Director – Golden Award – World Film Awards
• WINNER – Best Music Video – Red Dirt Film Festival (Oklahoma)
• WINNER – Award of Merit at Indiefest (Hollywood, CA)
• Honorable Mention (2nd place) – International Short Film – Short. Sweet. Film Fest
• Nominated – Best Short Film – International Film Awards Berlin (IFAB)
• Nominated – Best Sci-Fi Short – 39th Annual Boston Science Fiction Film Festival
• Official Selection – Phoenix Film Festival
• Official Selection – TIFF Film Circuit (Milton Film Festival)
• Official Selection – NXNE Film Festival
• Official Selection – Hidden Film Festival (London)
• Official Selection – Boston Underground Film Festival (BUFF)
• Official Selection – Unofficial Google+ Film Festival
• Official Selection – Bare Bones Film Festival (Nominated – Best Music Video)
Maple Leaf Foods
First Choice Haircutters